Information on 2014-15 Pacemates Auditions
Have what it takes?
Auditions will be held on August 11th at Bankers Life Fieldhouse!
Please revisit this page regularly for updates!
Follow us on Twitter! @Pacemates
Monday, August 11th, 2014
Bankers Life Fieldhouse (BLF)
125 S. Pennsylvania St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
*There are many parking garages/lots around BLF.
Begin at 5:45pm
- Auditions on August 11th are open to the public.
- All candidates that are selected as finalists should be prepared to stay as late as needed (no exceptions).
- All choreography is taught at the audition (you do not need to prepare a routine in advance).
- The first round will consist of 2-3 eliminations that may include freestyle, jazz technique and hip-hop choreography.
- Recommended items: Snacks, water bottle, towel, items to freshen up between rounds
- If selected as a finalist, a photo shoot will take place after auditions.
Note: The Audition Showcase will be held on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and is open to the public.
Leading up to the final showcase, all dancers that advance as a finalist must be available for the following rehearsals/events:
- Interviews: Each candidate will be asked to participate in a 30-minute panel interview on one either August 13 or 14 following dates between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm. Times will be set on 8/11 after the finalists are chosen.
(We may or may not use both days for interviews- depending on the availability of the finalists)
- Wednesday, August 13 – Rehearsal @ BLF- 6:00-10:00pm
- Friday, August 15 – Possible rehearsal @ BLF- 6:00-10:00pm
- As a finalist, you will be asked to participate in one of the following appearances (One hour time slots TBD for each date).
- Friday, August 15
- Saturday, August 16
- Sunday, August 17
- Monday, August 18 – Rehearsal @ BLF – 6:00-10:00pm
- Tuesday, August 19 – Tech Rehearsal @ BLF – 6:00-10:00pm
- Wednesday, August 20 – Audition Showcase – 7:00pm (Call Time- TBD) The 2014-15 Indiana Pacemates will be announced! (Remember, this event is open to the public!)
If you are chosen as a member of the team, you will need to be available on Saturday, August 23rd for Hair appointments/make-over day at Salon 01, the official salon of the Indiana Pacemates!
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Dancers must be able to attend rehearsals twice a week.
- If selected, dancers must have transportation to rehearsals and games.
- Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary (no exceptions)
- Must provide one non-returnable full-length photo (5×7 or larger preferred) or upload one via the registration page. Photos are used for identification purposes. Professional photos are not mandatory. Photos should be a current representation of what you will look like at auditions
- Must provide references on the registration form
- Must of good moral character
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to commit to the Indiana Pacemates’ schedule, which includes but is not limited to all rehearsals, designated home games, community, charitable and corporate appearances for the entire contracted year.
Previous dance training and experience in both jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills are a bonus, but not required!
** It is highly suggested that you have a current passport and/or have plans to apply for one as soon as the team is announced. The cost of the passport and/or any expedite charges will not be reimbursed.
How To Prepare:
The 2014-15 Pacemates Audition Clinics will be held from 6-8:30pm at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on:
- Tuesday, July 22
- Thursday, July 24
- Thursday, July 31
Check-in for each session will begin at 5:30pm. Register now online.
$30 pre-registration/session (If you attend the first 2 clinics, the 3rd clinic will be $20.)
Although the clinics are not mandatory, it is beneficial to anyone planning to audition. Participants will learn routines that the Pacemates have performed on the court, which will allow them to get an idea of the style of dance that will be taught at the audition. Participants will also have a chance to learn tips on how to look and perform during auditions and have the opportunity to ask questions about the audition process and the upcoming season.
- Salon 01 – the Official Salon of the Indiana Pacemates. Visit Salon01.com for more information or call 317-580-0101 to make your appointment now.
- Sun Tan City – Visit SunTanCity.com to find a location near you.
- Indy Laser – Visit IndyLaserCenter.com for information on services offered.
Click to view our FAQs.